Nội dung chính
B. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exercise 1.Practise reading these sentences with the rising – falling tune.
[ Thực hành đọc nững câu sau đâu lên xuống giọng]
1. Is the newcomer a boy or a girl?
2. Are they English or French?
3. Do you want this or that?
4. Which country is bigger, China or Russia?
5. Are you listening to music or sleeping?
6. Is she nine or five?
7. What would you like, beer or whisky?
8. Is your brother taller or shorter than you?
9. Did Tom or John come to the party?
10. Are they coming today or tomorrow?
Exercise 2.Choose the correct answer.
[ Chọn câu trả lời đúng]
1. I’ll bolt all the doors .
A. while I go to bed C. after I go to bed
B. before I go to bed D. till I go to bed
2. ,we’ll have a holiday.
A. Before we have taken our exam C. When we have taken our exam
B. While we have taken our exam D. Until we have taken our exam
3. He won’t let you out .
A. till you have finished your work
B. whenever you have finished your work
C. after you have finished your work
D. while you have finished your work
4. I’ll take the newspaper with me and I’ll read it .
A. before I’m waiting for the bus
B. after I’m waiting for the bus
C. as soon as I’m waiting for the bus
D. while I’m waiting for the bus
5. , the mice will come out of their holes.
A. As soon as everybody has gone out
B. Until everybody has gone out
C. Before everybody has gone out
D. While everybody has gone out
6. These gates will remain shut .
A. when the train has passed
B. before the train has passed
C. after the train has passed
D. until the train has passed
7. , she’ll have saved one billion dong.
A. Whenever she retires C. By the time she retires
B. As soon as she retires D. Till she retires
8. I will wait .
A. when you like C. as long as you like
B. while you like D. after you like
9. , you won’t have any appetite left.
A. By the time you have given the children their meal
B. Before you have given the children their meal
C. While you have given the children their meal
D. As soon as you have given the children their meal
10. The boys worked slowly because they knew that the teacher would tell them to do the next.
A. while they have finished one exercise
B. as soon as they have finished one exercise
C. before they have finished one exercise
D. as long as they have finished one exercise
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. A
6. D 7. C 8. C 9. A 10. B